1) INFORMATIONAL FORUM NEXT WEEK
Please join the USofCC at a forum with a labor lawyer who will address questions and issues about overtime, break, and paid hours. USofCC highly recommends that all members attend, or at least one representative from each department to bring up specific concerns from your area.
Thursday March 13, 2014
12pm-1pm at 1104 S. Wabash Room 705, OR
1:30-2:30pm at 623 S. Wabash Hokin Hall Room 109
Some of the questions addressed will be:
• How do I get overtime authorized to complete a task?
• How do I get overtime authorized for hours worked without prior notice?
• I stayed late last night; can I leave early today?
• I’ve gotten my overtime authorized, how do I enter it?
• When does Columbia’s work week start?
• I’m part-time – do I have to take lunch?
• I’m part-time – when does overtime kick in?
• Am I limited to the number of hours I can work?
• Can my supervisor dock my hours?
• My supervisor says I’m not eligible for overtime?
• I’ve worked 40 hours but I still have so much to do…
If you have other issues you would like us to address, please email Cat at email@example.com.
2) TIME LABOR SYSTEM & HEALTH BENEFITS
As you all know, there have been many changes with the new Time Labor System and Health Benefits. If you are having trouble or need questions answered please contact HR as well at Cat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One question brought up at the member meeting that we would like to specifically answer:
• Should I enter the actual hours I worked or 8 hours Mon-Fri?
o Enter the actual hours you worked.
o Payroll is working on a policy that may change how certain job categories should enter hours. For now, all union employees should enter the hours that they work until payroll communicates otherwise.
o Remember, all full-time staff gets a 1 hour paid lunch break as part of your 8 working hours. Do not enter this separately in the new system as it is part of your paid working hours.
3) STAFF WHO TEACH
Representative members of staff who teach submitted a petition to PFAC on 2/10/14 asking for their support to allow full-time staff to join PFAC and requesting a response by 2/24/14. To date, we have not received their support. We have asked for further clarification on PFAC’s response to our petition, and when PFAC is meeting with the college administration to discuss the issue. We haven’t received a response to that inquiry. We are moving forward and will be making a request for recognition to the college administration. Any questions or concerns can be directed to Emily Reible Page at email@example.com.
4) USofCC OFFICE HOURS
USofCC Executive Committee members are holding office hours every week if you would like to stop by. We will be in the USofCC office (600 S. Michigan, Room 1305B) every Thursday from 12:30pm-1:30pm through April 10. Please come with any questions, concerns, complaints, comments, anything you want to share with us.